Attention All Team Captains / Managers
Kindly note and adhere to the following :
A referee shall be appointed to officiate in each league game. His authority and the exercise of the powers granted to
him commence as soon as he enters the field of play. His power of penalizing shall extend to offenses committed
when play has been temporarily suspended, or when the ball is out of play. Referee decision connected with
facilitating match play or enforcing the rules of the game shall be final, so far as the result of the game is
concerned, He shall:
- Enforce the Rules of the League and Match Play.
2. Refrain from penalizing in cases where he is satisfied that, by doing so, he would be giving an advantage to
the offending team.
3. Keep a record of the game; act as timekeeper and allow the full or agreed time, adding thereto all time lost
through accident or other cause.
4. Have discretionary power to stop the game for any infringement of the stipulated Laws and to suspend or
terminate the game whenever, by reason of the elements, interference by players or spectators, or other
cause, he deems such stoppage necessary.
5. From the time he enters the field of play, he may caution and show a yellow or red card to any player or
official guilty of dangerous play, continuous technical infringements, misconduct or ungentlemanly
behavior. In such cases the referee shall send the name of the offender to the League Manager or relevant
authority, who will enforce the appropriate suspension or ban. (Straight Red card = 1 to 3 match
discretionary ban or 2 yellows in same match = red = 1 match ban). Serious violent conduct may
result in a Season, lifetime ban or discretionary punishment for players or teams found guilty by the
League Disciplinary Committee.
6. League Management reserves the right to lay charges against such persons who may have physically
assaulted a Referee, Official or spectators.
7. Allow no person other than the players to enter the field of play without his permission.
8. Stop the game if, in his opinion, a player has been seriously injured; have the player removed as soon as
possible from the field of play, and immediately resume the game. If a player is slightly injured, the game
shall not be stopped until the ball has ceased to be in play. A player who is able to go out of the court for
attention of any kind, shall not be treated on the field of play.
9. Send off the field of play and/or show a yellow or red card to any player who, in his opinion, is guilty of
violent conduct, serious foul play, the use of foul or abusive language, or who persists in misconduct after
having received a caution. This also applies if the game has ended and players or officials have persisted
with any of the above offences.
10. Signal for recommencement of the game after all stoppages.
Fair Play in the spirit of the Game
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behavior in the game. As a player, you have a big part to
play. That’s why we are asking every player involved in any our football activities at Astroplex to follow Fair Play
principles, such as:
- Respect team-mates, the opposition , and the referee
- Play fairly and in the right spirit of the game – No cheating, complaining, time wasting.
- Play by the rules, as directed by the referee. Not resorting to arguing or intimidating the Referee concerning a decision taken.
- Shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game.
- Be an example to the youth